Iodine is a trace mineral that is essential for thyroid function, the immune system, the nervous system, and women’s breast health. Many different health problems can occur if you don’t get enough iodine.
Iodine is required by every cell in the body. I believe that the daily recommended amounts of iodine are far too low. Unless you consume foods from the sea, you won’t get much iodine from your diet.
Iodine is used by the body for a variety of purposes, including detoxification of mercury, lead, fluoride, and bromide.
However, many people, including some doctors, do not consider iodine when thinking about the essential nutrients for health and well-being. In this article, we’ll look at the surprising benefits of iodine.
Iodine’s Surprising Health Benefits:
- It can help cysts shrink.
- It can aid in the reduction of the size of skin tags and warts.
- It can aid in the breakdown of connective tissue in a condition known as Dupuytren’s contracture.
- It aids in scar regeneration.
- It can help with depression.
- It can aid in the reduction of parotid gland stones.
- By balancing estrogen, it can help reduce hot flashes and heavy menstrual cycles.
- It can aid in the treatment of cystic acne.
Many people, particularly women, may be deficient or inadequate in iodine, but supplementation requires careful dosing to avoid toxicity.
Because the majority of iodine food sources are animal-based, such as seafood and dairy, those on a vegan or vegetarian diet may want to consider supplementing to meet their daily needs.
Iodine-rich foods include seaweed, dairy, tuna, shrimp, and eggs. Furthermore, most table salt has been iodized, making it simple to incorporate iodine into your diet.