I was walking to work the other day and noticed this COVID health protocol on a nearby billboard. The first thing I noticed is how tragically inadequate it is in affecting the outcomes of those who get exposed to COVID-19. While I am not advocating ignoring these protocols, the one thing they all have in common is trying to prevent exposure.
Let me tell you something friends, exposure is inevitable! The question is, is your body prepared for it when it happens?
Let’s assume that the “protocols” have the outside covered. How can you best prepare your insides to fight a viral infection?
First, we have the vaccine, but we all know by now, even with the 2 vaccine shots and a booster we can still contract and transmit COVID. That is not to say that the vaccine does not offer protection. It simply means that more can be done. Probably the easiest and most effective thing you can do after you have covered the above protocols is to supplement with Vitamin D. Why, you ask?
Here are 20 reasons you need to start taking vitamin D daily.
- First, let’s start with the fact that vitamin D has shown in studies that it can improve vaccine effectiveness https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8282476/
- Vitamin D also strengthens barriers, blocking viral entry
- It increases secretory IgA, located on mucosal surfaces such as gastrointestinal tract, respiratory tract including the lungs, as well as other areas
- Vitamin D strengthens epithelial cells
- It helps digestive tract by strengthening tight junctions between cells preventing leaky gut and improves the microbiome
- Vitamin D inhibits viral replication https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25461390/
- Studies show it acts as antiviral against SARS CoV 2(covid 19) https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.00174.2021
- It promotes recovery from viral and COVID-19 infection
- It improves cell mediated immunity
- It improves Immune globulin immunity
- Vitamin D reduces inflammation and promotes inflammation resolution
- Vitamin D supports mitochondrial function (Mitochondria is responsible for energy production, needed for immune defense)
- It promotes glutathione formation. Glutathione is the most abundant antioxidant in the body
- Vitamin D promotes Mg absorption
- It relieves pain and depression
- Vitamin D supplementation shown: lower 14-day mortality (18.8% vs 31.3%), lower in-hospital mortality (5.6% vs 16.1%), rarer intensive care unit admissions (6.4% vs 23.4%); https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34642923/
- It’s been demonstrated that administration of a high dose of Calcifediol or 25-hydroxyvitamin D, a main metabolite of vitamin D endocrine system, significantly reduced the need for ICU treatment of patients requiring hospitalization due to proven COVID-19. Calcifediol seems to be able to reduce severity of the disease…https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32871238/
- Vitamin D provides direct antiviral effect: 62.5% vs 20.8% participants became SARS coV-2 RNA negative within 2 weeks; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33184146/
- 78% reduction of death in hospitalized patients with Covid-19 when treated with 25-OH D in study; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34064175/
- 87% reduction in ICU admission and 79% reduction in mortality and 5% vd 15% mortality among severe Cv19 patients with and without vitamin D treatment respectively; https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/106/10/e4017/6294179?login=true
- Vitamin D Insufficiency May Account for Almost Nine of Ten COVID-19 Deaths; https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/12/3642/htm
I could go on with more health benefits of vitamin D but if this didn’t convince you to begin supplementing immediately, nothing will.
So, I have done my job and you see the importance of taking vitamin D, not just for yourself but for your loved ones and for the good of the community.
The next natural question is how much Vitamin D should you take?
The answer is 10,00 IU/d (international units) a day of D3 for a few weeks to rapidly raise 25(OH)D concentrations, followed by 5000-9,000 IU/d to get your blood concentration to an optimal range: 40–60 ng/mL (100–150 nmol/L) https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/4/988
Thank you in advance for sharing this life-changing information with everyone you know. I have yet to see any government agency promoting good health practices. Washing your hands and wearing masks does nothing to strengthen your health. The only way we are going to beat COVID is by strengthening our God-given innate health. That means addressing the structural, biochemical (which this article addressed one of many ways to do this), and mental/emotional aspects of health.
So now that you have been given this potentially lifesaving information, go out and share it. Become a health warrior advocate. The lives you save matter!