Today, I’m going to share the best sore throat remedy. A sore throat is usually caused by a virus, so antibiotics will not help.
You may experience nausea or other digestive issues if you have a sore throat caused by a bacterial infection, but you will not typically cough. If you have a virus-caused sore throat, you may have a cough, runny nose, and throat swelling.
The good news is that this natural remedy can help with both issues. The bay leaf is the best natural remedy for a sore throat. Bay leaves have antiviral as well as antibacterial properties.
Bay leaf health benefits include:
• They aid in the reduction of pain, swelling, and inflammation.
• They are an excellent cough remedy.
• They aid in the stimulation of the immune system.
• They aid in the reduction of mucus.
• They alleviate headaches (especially sinus headaches)
• They have the ability to repel insects.
• They can aid in wound healing.
• They have anti-cancer properties.
• They are beneficial for digestive issues.
Bay leaves are also anticholinergic, which means they help with:
• Hyperactive bladder
• Mouth dryness
• The inability to perspire
How to Naturally Treat a Sore Throat (Ingredients)
• 2 bay leaf (fresh or dry)
• 2 quarts of water
• To taste cinnamon
• 5 tsp liquid stevia
Bring the water to a boil for 3 minutes. Steep the bay leaves in the hot water for 4 minutes. Mix in a cinnamon stick and the stevia liquid.
Drink this tea throughout the day to soothe the throat, reduce pain and inflammation, aid in the fight against pathogens, and hasten recovery.